Globecomm Maritime provides VSAT solutions through an integrated global communications platform. We combine the managed networks and engineering capabilities of the many established maritime providers that are now part of the publicly-held Globecomm, including Mach6, Telaurus, Carrier2Carrier and Evosat.
For maritime VSAT, Globecomm Maritime provides:
- Hardware, either purchased or leased from Globecomm
- Systems installation
- Satellite bandwidth worldwide
- Lifecycle support services
But that is just the beginning. Globecomm Maritime gives you access to all of your essential applications – from email and Web to phone and automated back-up of computers – starting with minimum requirements and expanding as your needs grow.
- Global reach
- Automatic beam switching as vessels move
- Secure and reliable broadband service
- Email, Internet and VoIP
- Vessel monitoring and management applications
- 24x7 support
- Flat monthly rates
- Your office at sea
- Essential support for crew morale
- Management/crew separation
Guaranteed Quality of Service
Access to broadband brings vessel operators unlimited access to applications that improve performance, reduce costs and maintain crew welfare. Email, Web browsing and phone service maintain management communications and allow crew to stay in touch with friends and family. Online training and telemedicine improve shipboard life. Remote management services – such as engine data exchange, electronic navigation and remote IT management – enable vessel operators to run their operations more effectively. Globecomm Maritime knows how to help vessel operators manage these applications to ensure reliable service. Our application-triggered quality of service system can assign dedicated capacity to each individual application instead of offering a single block of capacity for all services.
Globecomm Maritime provisions and installs field-tested hardware that has passed the rigorous analysis of our R&D Team.
- Stabilized Antennas and Electronics. We recommend Seatel and KNS, suppliers with years of experience whose systems meet high technology standards and provide a stable foundation for service delivery.
- Bandwidth Management Products. iDirect and Comtech Vipersat are the leading manufacturers in terms of experience and the high standards of their technology. Both technologies provide shared and dedicated bandwidth options, with a Committed Information Rate, from 64/128 Kbps with burst capacity up to 512 Kbps capable of supporting video Within the available bandwidth, you can choose to prioritize types of traffic, whether voice, Internet browsing or machine-to-machine communications.
Globecomm Maritime controls a global inventory of satellite bandwidth, which is actively managed from our Network Operations Center (NOC). Fiber capacity connecting our teleports provides you with the shortest, least-cost backhaul or your communications traffic.
Integration and Lifecycle Support
With offices around the globe, Globecomm Maritime can integrate and install shipboard systems or provide consulting, engineering, training and other support for your own installation team. Our NOC provides 24x7 monitoring, troubleshooting and help desk support worldwide.
Back Up with Se@FLEX
For ocean regions that currently remain uncovered by VSAT, Globecomm Maritime has developed Se@FLEX, an innovative, always-on backup broadband system. Se@FLEX integrates VSAT with other broadband systems including Inmarsat FleetBroadband, Iridium OpenPort and land-based wireless networks. It automatically switches between VSAT satellites and from VSAT to other services in order to maintain reliable service at the lowest cost, without manual re-pointing of antennas or any other intervention by the crew of NOC.