Access to broadband brings vessel operators unlimited access to applications that improve performance, reduce costs and maintain crew welfare. Email, web browsing and phone service maintain management communications and allow crew to stay in touch with friends and family. Online training and telemedicine improve shipboard life. Remote management services such as engine data exchange, electronic navigation and remote IT management enable vessel operators to run their operations more effectively. Globecomm Maritime knows how to help vessel operators manage these applications to ensure reliable service. Our application-triggered quality service can assign dedicated capacity to each individual application instead of offering a single block of capacity for all services. You can start with basic requirements and expand as your needs grow.
Globecomm VSAT Includes:
- Global Coverage
- Automatic beam switching as vessels move
- Secure and reliable broadband service
- Email, Internet and VoIP
- Vessel monitoring and management applications
- Lifecycle Support Services including 24x7 monitoring and customer care
For Maritime customers, Globecomm VSAT provides:
- Hardware, either purchased or leased from Globecomm
- Systems installation
- Satellite bandwidth worldwide
- Lifecycle support services
- Flat monthly rates
- Your office at sea
- Essential support for crew morale
- Management/crew separation
Maximum System Uptime
- For ocean regions that currently remain uncovered by VSAT, Globecomm VSAT includes an innovative, always-on backup broadband system. Globecomm VSAT integrates with other broadband systems including Inmarsat FleetBroadband, Iridium OpenPort and land-based wireless networks. It automatically switches between VSAT satellites and from VSAT to other services in order to maintain reliable service at the lowest cost, without manual re-pointing of antennas or any other intervention by the crew.
- Globecomm Maritime controls a global inventory of satellite bandwidth, which is actively managed from our Network Operations Center (NOC). Fiber capacity connecting our teleports provides you with the shortest, least-cost backhaul or your communications traffic.
Globecomm Maritime provisions and installs field-tested hardware that has passed the rigorous analysis of our R&D Team.
- Stabilized Antennas and Electronics. Sailor, Seatel, KNS, and Intellian; suppliers with years of experience, whose systems meet high technology standards and provide a stable foundation for service delivery.
- iDirect Evolution Platform. iDirect is the industry leader in terms of experience and the high standards of their technology. This state of the art platform provides shared and dedicated bandwidth options, with a Committed Information Rate, from 32/16 Kbps with burst capacity up to 2Mbps capable of supporting video. Within the available bandwidth, you can choose to prioritize types of traffic, whether voice, Internet browsing or machine-to-machine communications.
Integration and Lifecycle Support
- With offices around the globe, Globecomm Maritime can integrate and install shipboard systems or provide consulting, engineering, training and other support for your own installation team. Our NOC provides 24x7 monitoring, troubleshooting and help desk support worldwide.
Need More Information?
Contact your nearest Globecomm office