Globecomm's Help Desk provides a single reliable, cost-effective point of contact for maintenance requests, troubleshooting and customer reporting. The Help Desk provides Tier-One troubleshooting and, when necessary, escalates issues to Tier-Two support.
The Help Desk is responsible for
- Client authentication for accepting support requests
- Logging a service request
- Providing the client with a reference number for the request
- Providing clients with updates relative to their service requests
- Closing the request once the support team has deemed it resolved
Incoming Service Requests
Inquiries are received by toll-free number, email and our support Web site. Incoming service requests are assigned a trouble ticket and routed to a support team of engineers who will attempt to resolve the problem. Problem resolution may entail escalation within the team to experts from various disciplines such as Broadcasting, Networking, or Security. The team will ensure that appropriate resources are assigned to the service request as quickly as possible.
Globecomm keeps the customer updated on a regular basis until the problem is resolved. Once the engineer deems the service request resolved, a representative from the Customer Care team contacts the customer to learn whether the problem has in fact been resolved satisfactorily. Only then is the trouble ticket closed.
The Help Desk also generates monthly management reports on customer history. Many of these reports are generated automatically and are available for viewing at any time via the Globecomm Support Website. These standard reports include reports on:
- The number of inquiries
- The number of service calls
- The number maintenance issues and their status